Ningbo Ride & Race for Charity 2011B
- Category: Charity Ningbo
- Published: Monday, 24 October 2011 09:39
By Elain Chan NingboFocus
Jointly organised by Ningbo Focus, Ningbo Guide and the Ningbo Bicycling Association, the inaugural Ningbo Ride & Race for Charity 2011 will be held on Saturday 29th October at Dapeng Mountain in Cixi. This event has been organised to raise funds for the children of Enmei Welfare House.
The Ningbo Ride & Race official sponsors are Harbor House, The Westin Ningbo, The Office Bar and Tasty’s.
It’s going to be an awesome and fun-filled event! So far we have over 110 participants for this event, for those who wish to participate but have not signed up, please do so as soon as possible. For those who have confirmed participation individually or as a team, thank you very much for your kind support, please fill in the attached entry form and send it back to us as soon as possible.
Please kindly note the following:
1. Entry Form:
- The full programme is listed on the Entry Form, please kindly read through the details carefully.
- Please do not forget to bring copies of your ID/passport for registration and insurance.
2. Gathering Place:
- Meet at The Westin Ningbo on Saturday 29th October 2011 at 7:30 a.m. – attached location map.
- Buses will depart for Dapeng Mountain at 7:45 a.m. sharp.
- If you are meeting straight at Dapeng Mountain in Cixi, please indicate this on the Entry Form.
- If you are driving and bringing your own bikes, please indicate this on the Entry Form.
3. Participation Fees:
- Please bring along RMB 60 for participation and RMB 10 for insurance.
- Participation fee includes event wear, goodie bag sponsored by Harbor House, two-way bus transfer and water sponsored by The Westin Ningbo, After-race Party with first drink sponsored by The Office Bar and lunch snacks sponsored by Tasty’s.
4. Adopted Charity:
- Enmei Welfare House
5. Race Route:
- Attached route of the ride & race
- Total distance: 8.4km per lap X 5 laps = 42km
- Those riding for leisure may choose to cover any number of laps or stop anytime at the start point.
- Those racing for the trophies must complete the whole course of the route.
- All children must be accompanied by adults please.
7. Bike Rentals:
- For riders without bikes and helmets, you may rent from the following:
Giant Cambridge Branch
409, Siming Middle Road, Yinzhou
Tel: +86 574 8727 3711
Huanhu Bicycle Co. Ltd.
Ningbo Dongqian Lake Tourist Vacation Area
777, Anshi Road, Dongqian Lake, Yinzhou
Tel: +86 574 8281 7139 / +86 134 8668 1104
All bikes should be dropped off on Friday, 28th October 2011 between 6:30 and 9:30 p.m. at Giant Cambridge Branch, 409, Siming Middle Road, Yinzhou. Your bikes will then be safe-kept at Giant, and transported in bike trucks to Dapeng Mountain the next day.
After the Race:
All bikes will be transported back by bike trucks to a meeting point in Jiangbei. Participants will be brought back to the same meeting point to claim your bikes. We will then do a group ride together to Lao Waitan for the After-race Party, trophy and donation presentation.
Upon arrival in Lao Waitan, please park your bikes immediately at the back of The Office Bar.
Trophies for the top three race riders, sponsored by Harbor House
Three hotel vouchers, sponsored by The Westin Ningbo
Two dining vouchers at Picanha Brazilian BBQ, sponsored by Ningbo Guide
- Please have a good breakfast prior to the event, lunch will not be served until about 1 p.m. when we arrive back at The Office Bar and Tasty’s in Lao Waitan.
Please remember your helmets. Safety First!
- The weather could get chilly, please bring along jackets in case of cold weather or rain.