Categories of hosting services
A hosting service concerns stockpiling and/or sharing specific web content on a server hosted by a website hosting provider. There are various varieties of hosting services used for different aims, so let's have a peek at them. In this way, you can determine what you need, based on whether you desire to launch a weblog, email addresses, or to share files with chums and partners.
- File hosting: a solution delivered by some vendors, which allows you to share big files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage plans often include adverts beside the download links, while a timer compels you to await a particular interval of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file storage package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely fallacious interpretation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would allot the tasks at hand between independent sets of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various web page hosting services (electronic mail, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is just a type of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; given vendors offer a hosting solution for images only. This hosting variant is appropriate if you wish to share a great quantity of images with friends or colleagues since the service is usually free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to administering your electronic mail accounts. Some distributors provide hosting services for web pages, but do not offer an email hosting service. If you would like to set up an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to have a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can set up email address accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video creates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video clips and a few hundred visitors, you may have trouble with your web hosting quotas. Embedding the video will permit you to utilize as many videos as you would like without bothering about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you want to keep a web site. To a certain extent, it encompasses all of the aforementioned hosting groups since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload video files, and so on. At -Iclick2- Web Hosting and Cloud Service, for example, you can view web hosting and dedicated web hosting accounts that enable you to have all of the abovementioned services in one place. There may be limits based on the type of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting package may be better or worse compared with the regular email/file/video/image hosting plans that are planned for particular content solely.